Bakeqtpi.bash script build error in QtBase

• I've tried bakeqtpi.bash script to generate an image with Qt5 following the instructions at http://qt-project.org/wiki/RaspberryPi_Beginners_guide both in build machines Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit and Debian Wheezy 64-bit and I get the same build failure:

.obj/release-shared/main.o: In function dumpRecursive(QDir const&, QTextStream&)': main.cpp:(.text+0x3ea): undefined reference toQDir::entryInfoList(QFlagsQDir::Filter, QFlagsQDir::SortFlag) const'
    main.cpp:(.text+0x3ea): undefined reference to QDir::entryInfoList(QFlags<QDir::Filter>, QFlags<QDir::SortFlag>) const' main.cpp:(.text+0x45f): undefined reference toQDir::QDir(QString const&)'
    main.cpp:(.text+0x476): undefined reference to QDir::~QDir()' .obj/release-shared/main.o: In functioncreateProject(QString const&)':
    main.cpp:(.text+0x572): undefined reference to QDir::currentPath()' main.cpp:(.text+0x57f): undefined reference toQDir::QDir(QString const&)'
    main.cpp:(.text+0x5aa): undefined reference to QDir::dirName() const' main.cpp:(.text+0x5c6): undefined reference toQFile::QFile()'
    main.cpp:(.text+0x5ef): undefined reference to QFile::open(_IO_FILE*, QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>, QFlags<QFileDevice::FileHandleFlag>)' main.cpp:(.text+0x699): undefined reference toQFile::~QFile()'
    main.cpp:(.text+0x6bf): undefined reference to QDir::~QDir()' main.cpp:(.text+0x74d): undefined reference toQDir::QDir(QString const&)'
    main.cpp:(.text+0x769): undefined reference to QDir::~QDir()' main.cpp:(.text+0x7d9): undefined reference toQFile::setFileName(QString const&)'

It seems it can't find the Qt libraries. Should I install qt5 libs on the build machine before running the script? I've already installed Qt5 SDK Beta 2.

• So I've given another try, and the error above only seems to occur when I run the script again.
    If I do rm ~/opt/qt5, and run it again, it seems to go further, but fails with the error:

@arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)@

dmesg indicates this is due to a lack of memory, but my Linux build machine has 4GB RAM, and I've already added 4GB swap. Do I need more than 8GB memory to build Qt5?

• Updated the swap file to 8GB, and it's seems OK for now, but the build is very very slow.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.