Open Source Developer- Qt Framework Developer- NYC- Top-Tier Firm
Seeking exceptional Open Source UI Framework Developers that support multiple language bindings to Open Source a traditionally lucrative API for public consumption in an unprecedented industry setting.
CTO Office's Open Source Team acts as a liaison between our R&D Software Infrastructure group and external Open Source contributors and consumers. Our primary goal is to develop and set the financial industry standard for Open Source software solutions. These solutions will be made available principally in portable, well-factored C++, and will also include native implementations in many other programming languages, e.g. Java, C#, etc.
The CTO Open Source Team is looking for an exceptional C/C++ software developer experienced in the design and development of complex Open Source systems. This is a unique opportunity to influence Company's Open Source products. This position will be a senior technical conduit to help assess and prepare both internal fundamental infrastructure and business logic libraries for public consumption. This is a position for the serious software developer who thrives on being in the trenches, responsible for designing and maintaining a collaborative environment. Candidates may have the opportunity to participate in Open Source standardization processes.
The ideal candidate must possess extensive experience in design and development of Open Source C/C++ Projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on highly optimized, scalable and distributed software that facilitates normalization, and delivery of data. You must be a team player with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines. Demonstration of strong passion, excellent communication skills, and creative problem solving is a must.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
- 5+ years of C/C++ development experience
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
- Working knowledge of Open Source packaging systems, e.g., deb, RPM, tarball
- Working knowledge with High-Performance Unix and/or Windows Programming
- Working knowledge of Multi-threading and Network programming is a strong plus
- Understanding of various Open Source licenses, e.g., GPL versus MIT or Apache
- Understanding of JAVA, .NET, Python, and/or Matlab is a plus
- Understanding of XML/XSD and other schema driven data is a plus
Please E-mail me to set up a discussion: