[Suggestion] Quiet save on wiki page

• Is it possible to provide a quiet save or a "save and continue" feature while authoring/editing wiki pages? Right now, can preview, submit and again click on edit to do this ... will be a great time saver!

• We have talked about something similar. So far it seemed the effort to implement something like this was bigger than the possible benefit. This however may change.

Your opinion, Mr G.?

• I think we should file a feature request with the wiki software makers. Definitely something they should look into.

• I will add issue and feature request for this.

• thanks for taking this fwd :)

• Uh huh. This team is so efficient. I can hardly turn my back on them...

• [quote author="Alexandra Leisse" date="1291129046"]Uh huh. This team is so efficient. I can hardly turn my back on them...[/quote]

some good words for us regular users who keep giving such excellent suggestions ??? :P

• [quote author="chetankjain" date="1291129706"][quote author="Alexandra Leisse" date="1291129046"]Uh huh. This team is so efficient. I can hardly turn my back on them...[/quote]

some good words for us regular users who keep giving such excellent suggestions ??? :P

[/quote]

Right. So here it comes:

Very good suggestion. Thanks for that. And keep them coming! :)

• [quote author="Alexandra Leisse" date="1291129046"]Uh huh. This team is so efficient. I can hardly turn my back on them...[/quote]

That was nice :)

I support chetankjain's suggestion, it would be really nice to have a quiet save, or save and continue feature. When I was editing the getting started guide of QML, it was a little frustrating without this feature.

It's nice to see that chetankjain always have some great ideas, and the team is just to make them real. :)

• CreMindES, yeah, big articles (like getting started translations) are main use cases of quiet save I think.

• Yeah, and it also helps people, who forgets to save from time to time (for expample me, if I'm in the middle of something).

• CreMindES, not sure it will help in case of forgetting.

• A save and contunie not, but quiet saving yes, if I think the right thing, when the web application saves your work in every x minute. The only problem here is to solve that it should saves your work just as a draft, and you could submit it on the end.

• CreMindES, not sure autosave is good solution for wiki, but if there will be some draft mechanism than of course it will be awesome.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.