Site search is broken
The site search in the header is broken. To reproduce:
go to http://qt-project.org/
enter something into the search box on the top right of the page and click "search"
this redirects to http://qt-project.org/search?search=qapplication
The result displays
bq. GTE Cyber Trust Root.Us
within the text box to enter the search for Google. If you change that text to your actual search string, the results are ok.
The same happens if you do not enter anything in step 2.
The issue is reported, find it in Jira under QTWEBSITE-434.
This is happening to me too.
i can also reproduce this!
When entering link above an error occurs, but it is different.
I have searched for QFile.
The webpage input line sais:
but it shows:
Doing the same but using https it works fine.
This is on win7 64 bit and Chrome
The problem seems to be connected to way of accessing the page. I had another search result for QFile which ended in displaying QThread. The web address starts also with http: . I wonder how I have ended up there, because I am starting always with https and I could not reproduce.
I can confirm koahnigs report.
Indeed, it could be a application cache issue, thanks for the investigation folks.
Looking into it today.
Doesnt work for me too, only sometimes
Thank you for confirming and creating this issue, I am looking into it.
I have cleared all cache and disabled some, can you confirm if you are still getting this issue.
I will test it step by step and fix the issue after finding it.
Tryed some searches and work fine now.
We are still looking into it and we will get back asap.
Thanks a lot Gurudutt
This issue is resolved now.
Please test it and let me know, if this is still a issue.
Still a problem on my machine.
I have tested first.
Than cleared cache and tested.
Finally cleared cache and history and restarted Chrome.
Still a problem, but different now:
It came up always with this page. Regardless in which stage I started. Also the same for http and https.
Please test it again :)
This time it worked out nicely without any cache deletion.
Doesn't work for me. I enter "qfile" and get a search for "QPixmap". The URL that loads is
This happens on
- Chrome 18 on Mac OS X, cache cleared
- Safari 5 on Mac OS X
- Firefox 5.0 on Mac OS X
- IE 8 on Win 7
That is a kind of "funny" behavior. Now, it does not work for me anymore.
Pressing the link provided by Volker brings up "mysql driver linux" in the Google search box and also results matching this search criteria.
This is still on win7 64 bit and Chrome.
I'm also still see this bug,
any request return me “mysql driver linux” if I'm logged
and "qtextcodec" if I'm unlogged