Forum Guidelines & Code of Conduct
Pedro Qt Community Manager last edited by Pedro
Along with our Forum moderators, we introduce our Qt Forum Guidelines.
This topic is our point of reference - by adhering to our best practices, we optimise communications in our Forum.
Make sure your behaviour is aligned with a respectful and inclusive environment.
Please, follow our Qt Code of Conduct.
- Asking for help
- Bug in Qt
- Job Advertisement
Asking for help
You might want to ask for help whenever you know something is wrong with your code, but can’t pin point it. Writing on our forum can be a great way to get your peers to analyse your code and check it for mistakes, inconsistencies, or even getting some insight on how to optimise your coding.
Help us help you!
- Provide your code where you believe the issue is, it should be compilable
- Provide the minimal amount of code that allows to replicate the issue or work on a solution
- Answer these questions:
• Which Qt version are you using?
• Which version of QtCreator are you using?
• Which platform?
• How did you install it?
Bugs in Qt
If you encounter a bug in Qt, please submit a Bug Report on Jira.
Read our Reporting Bugs guidelines on the Qt wiki.
- Write a description of the application/library
- Provide any relevant links, sources and/or installation instructions
- Include a screenshot/demo/video/snapshot
- Include a link on how to contribute (if applicable)
- Provide any documentation links
The job posted should be related to Qt development.
- Create a topic in its dedicated Jobs subcategory
Qt Forum > General Talk > Jobs
- Topic Title Example:
Software Engineer - Employer - City, Country - Full-Time/Contract
- Include the role's description
- Provide any relevant links (career page, application submission, etc)
- Provide any preferred contacts
How can we improve our Guidelines?
Did we miss something?
If so, please drop me or any moderator a line.
You can also write me at: