Getting an empty article after editing the wiki
Hi, I was editing the "GettingStartedQML_Spanish page
":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/GettingStartedQML_Spanish and after making some changes I tried to preview and save the article but I just get an empty article.
I'm not sure about what can be cause, maybe I typed a non valild character or maybe there's some bug in the wiki, but it seems that the problems starts in the paragraph:
"La listView mantiene los elementos del modelo a través de un índice (...)"
near at the end of the "Implementando una Barra de Menús - Utilizando Modelos de Datos y vistas" section.
Can somebody help me with this, please?
Always best to preview your changes and then submit. Are you able to revert to original version (which was shown) and then increment your changes from there.
I don't think any invalid char was typed, coz I replaced that para with the previous one and the preview still doesn't turn up. Me thinks, you hit the upper limit on the number of allowed chars per wiki article ... maybe Gurudutt or Marius can confirm
I didn't know there's an upper limit, must be that :P
I'm just going to split the article, but it will be very helpful if the wiki show some warning about I'm exceding the max allowed length of the article.
I was using preview but when I saw the empty page I thought that could be an error of the preview function so I saved the article. Fortunatelly all the text still there, it's just not being showed.
Thanks for the help.
I logged a bug for this "here":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/forums/viewthread/1460/
[quote author="mkfnx" date="1288026007"]I didn't know there's an upper limit, must be that :P
We're trying to reliably reproduce.
Also happened in the translation of "Getting Started with QML to Portuguese":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/gettingStartedQMLPortuguese.
After the revision "1668":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/gettingStartedQMLPortuguese/revision/1668 nothing appears on the wiki page.
Gurudutt found and fixed the issue and it should be solved now.
Problem solved! Congrats guys!