Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer (Qt, 3D Tools) - Havok - Dublin, Ireland
pacovidal last edited by
Havok is hiring Software Engineers with experience developing interactive 3D applications using Qt.
If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to contact "me":mailto:email@example.com.
We at Havok are very proud of who we are and what we do. We offer a unique opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues in a challenging role with real job satisfaction.
Havok engineering has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade. We work cross platform, mainly on AAA titles, with top clients such as EA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Guerrilla, and DICE. We have a unique environment made up of talented, small, stable teams. We provide each of our engineers with an opportunity to make a real impact on our environment, our business and the direction of our industry standard products.
We have a supportive environment where you will have career, travel and research opportunities. We operate in high spec, relaxed offices in some of the most exciting cities around the world. Our salaries are competitive and we provide excellent benefit and relocation packages. We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you.
Tools Development in Havok:
- The Tools Team is responsible for developing Havok's tools and common tools framework
- Havok tools are used by artists, animators, designers and programmers in hundreds of game teams around the world to build, edit and debug game assets
- You will work in small focussed teams of highly motivated and talented developers
- You will be part of a professional stable development environment that is not subject to the long periods of crunch time typically associated with game development
- Each developer will be expected to take responsibility for, and strongly influence the products they develop and the customers they work with at Havok
- You will have the opportunity to work on and gain experience with the expanding range of hardware platforms we support
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best games teams in the industry
- Developing high-quality, cross-platform multithreaded tools and toolchain infrastructure for the games industry
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including implementation, testing, documentation and delivery
- Leading and participating in code reviews with other members of the engineering team on a regular basis
- Working directly with product management and customers to understand their requirements and implement software solutions
- Developing and maintaining one of the most respected codebases in the games industry
- Drafting tutorials, white papers and speaking at technical meetings / conferences
- Taking ownership of more general projects/responsibilities within the development team such as recruitment initiatives, presentations and technical relationships with partner companies
- Working directly with customers, often on-site, to ensure they are getting the most from Havok products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing interactive 3D tools
- Exceptional C++ skills
- Experience with Qt GUI Development
- Experience writing reusable components and libraries
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
- Highly Desirable : Experience in game tools and toolchain (pipeline) development
- Experience working with established, large-scale software architectures
- Experience working within and extending one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl and/or LUA)
- Low level optimisation skills and game console development experience