Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Make `qt_add_qml_module` generate #include <some_path/file_name.h>

• Is there a way to make qt_add_qml_module generate #include <file_name.h> directives as #include <some_path/file_name.h> (where file_name.h is a header containing QML_ELEMENT, for example)?

If no, why not to add a parameter like ROOT_INCLUDE_DIR to qt_add_qml_module in future QT releases and generate #include directives with the paths relative to it? Or even simply include with absolute path?

IMHO: Adding every directory containing a header with QML_ELEMENT to include path is not a good idea.

EDIT1:

C++ files generated with MOC include headers with relative paths like this:

#include "../../../../MyApp/Purchasing/inapp/inapppurchasebackend.h"

so, it is strange that qt_add_qml_module does not do the same. JSON should contain this relative file name probably, instead of

"inputFile": "inapppurchasebackend.h",

inputFile is used in qt-everywhere-src-6.2.2\qtdeclarative\src\qmltyperegistrar, but I can't figure out at first glance where is it set.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Dmitriano said in Make &#x60;qt_add_qml_module&#x60; generate #include <some_path/file_name.h>:

Is there a way to make qt_add_qml_module generate #include <file_name.h> directives as #include <some_path/file_name.h>

Not according the documentation.

If no, why not to add a parameter like ROOT_INCLUDE_DIR to qt_add_qml_module in future QT releases and generate #include directives with the paths relative to it?

Feel free to provide a patch.

• @Christian-Ehrlicher I am not sure, probably the patch is hard for me, but while investigating the sources I found something that is strange enough to be probably reported as a bug, see EDIT1. (while formally it is not a bug of cause)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I don't see why this should be a bug. Moc creates a header file which contains a path to it's header it needs. qt_add_qml_module() generates a package so why should there be relative paths to some others which may be different on other machines where you use the package?

• @Christian-Ehrlicher My understanding is that both MOC and qt_add_qml_module() generate internal C++ files that are not compiled by others who use the module (or package). Is my understanding correct?