Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Cross Compilation for Tegra3 - Cannot find crt1.o

• I've hit a stumbling block when attempting to cross-compile the qt-base sources for Linux.

Specifically targetting the NVIDIA Tegra3 architecture, I'm using the following configure script to start the process:

./configure -device linux-tegra3-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/gcc-linaro/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- -sysroot /opt/sysroot/rootfs -nomake examples -nomake tests -prefix /usr/local/qt5 -extprefix /opt/qt/qt5 -hostprefix /opt/qt/qt5-host -opengl es2 -v

I'm using the 5.2.1-2015.11-2-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchain which is symbolically linked to /opt/gcc-linaro and the rootfs of my target resides in /opt/sysroot/rootfs

The errors I get are:

Running configuration tests...

+ cd /opt/qt/qtbase/config.tests && /opt/gcc-linaro/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ --sysroot=/opt/sysroot/rootfs -pipe -mtune=cortex-a9 -march=armv7-a -mhard-float -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -fuse-ld=gold -o conftest-out conftest.cpp
    > collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'
    > compilation terminated.

+ /opt/gcc-linaro/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -dumpmachine
    > arm-linux-gnueabihf
    Checking for valid makespec... 
    + cd /opt/qt/qtbase/config.tests/verifyspec && /opt/qt/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" "QMAKE_CFLAGS += --sysroot=/opt/sysroot/rootfs" "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += --sysroot=/opt/sysroot/rootfs" "QMAKE_LFLAGS += --sysroot=/opt/sysroot/rootfs" -early "CONFIG += cross_compile" /opt/qt/qtbase/config.tests/verifyspec
    + cd /opt/qt/qtbase/config.tests/verifyspec && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/make clean && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/make
    > rm -f verifyspec.o
    > rm -f *~ core *.core
    > /opt/gcc-linaro/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -mtune=cortex-a9 -march=armv7-a -mhard-float -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp --sysroot=/opt/sysroot/rootfs -O2 -w -fPIC  -I. -I/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/include -I/opt/qt/qtbase/mkspecs/devices/linux-tegra3-g++ -o verifyspec.o verifyspec.cpp
    > /opt/gcc-linaro/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/lib/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/sysroot/rootfs/lib/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi -mfloat-abi=softfp --sysroot=/opt/sysroot/rootfs -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/sysroot/rootfs/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi -o verifyspec verifyspec.o     -L/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/lib -L/opt/sysroot/rootfs/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi -L/opt/sysroot/rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi 
    > /opt/gcc-linaro-5.2-2015.11-2-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/5.2.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
    > /opt/gcc-linaro-5.2-2015.11-2-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/5.2.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
    > /opt/gcc-linaro-5.2-2015.11-2-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/5.2.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
    > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    > Makefile:69: recipe for target 'verifyspec' failed
    > make: *** [verifyspec] Error 1

I'm a little confused by the initial collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld' error and I'm unsure as to which ld the build is trying to find. Likewise, the crtX.o files, are these the files contained in the sysroot/rootfs from the target device or are these files part of the toolchain?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.