QTreeWidgetItemIterator craches.

• @QTreeWidgetItemIterator it( item );@

This line crashes whole app. Item is a valid topLevelItem of a QTreeWidget.
    What could be wrong?

• "item" is a QTreeWidget instance and "it" is the iterator , right ?

• Sorry i did not provide this part of code:
    @QTreeWidget* tw;
    // ... initialization of tw ...
    QTreeWidgetItem* item = tw->topLevelItem( 0 )->clone();@

• @topLevelItem(0)@ returns 0 if the item does not exist. May be its a good idea, you check that before you instanciate.

• I did check. More than that, QTreeWidget constructed with "item" as a top level item is displayed normally.

• I meant a check in code.. @while(QTreeWidgetItem *item = tw->topLevelItem(0)){
    }@
    [quote author="p-himik" date="1316932916"]I did check. More than that, QTreeWidget constructed with "item" as a top level item is displayed normally.[/quote]

Am Just curious, is it necessary to create deep copy of the item ?

• I think so. I have a parent window with a tree of categories and images and a dialog for adding images to particular category. In this dialog i create QTreeWidget with only categories by cloning QTreeWidget from parent window and removing image items.

• Sounds like you need to use real model/view instead of the *widget version... If you go about cloning the tree to display it in another window, you are on the wrong road, if you ask me.

Instead, you could considder using a QStandardItemModel (API is similar to QTreeWidget and -Item), replace the QTreeWidget with a QTreeView and use a QSortFilterProxyModel to filter out the unwanted items from the model for display on the second window.

• I don't know well MVC-part of Qt and this is rather simple application so i decided just to copy items.

But what about QTreeWidgetItemIterator? Why can it crash when passed parameter is valid?

• one reason could be improper initialization. But you are so sure about it.

• [quote author="p-himik" date="1316950625"]I don't know well MVC-part of Qt and this is rather simple application so i decided just to copy items.

But what about QTreeWidgetItemIterator? Why can it crash when passed parameter is valid?[/quote]

If you show us more code, we could perhaps help you, but if we only get one or two lines, we have to gess the rest, which is not very easy.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.