Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to get QTableWidgetItem's text when it is editing?

• 0_1546480433131_2.gif

Just as the upper pic shows, a simple qtablewidget with just one qtablewidgetitem.

When I type 1 ,and then, I clicked the Ok, the triggered slot will try to get this qtablewidgetitem's text,

void ok_btn_clicked_slot()
    {
        qDebug() << m_tableWidget->item(i, 0)->data(Qt::DisplayRole).toString().isEmpty();
        qDebug() << m_tableWidget->item(i, 0)->data(Qt::EditRole).toString().isEmpty();
        qDebug() << m_tableWidget->item(i, 0)->data(Qt::AccessibleTextRole).toString().isEmpty();
        qDebug() << m_tableWidget->item(i, 0)->data(Qt::AccessibleDescriptionRole).toString().isEmpty();
        qDebug() << m_tableWidget->item(i, 0)->data(Qt::UserRole).toString().isEmpty();
    }

I found they all return true, that is to say, I can't get the text.

But, actually, I typed 1 in it, why is it like that? Could someone give me any advice?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    While the cell is in editmode, the text is not yet saved to the (internal) model
    So you can make it save by setting focus to some other widget. ( it saves on loosing focus )
    or try to call
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtablewidget.html#closePersistentEditor
    to it commit the text.

Since the click on button should take focus ( i assume ) there could be something else
    wrong. You are sure the i variable has correct value ?

• @mrjj

I tried closePersistentEditor, but it failed.

You are sure the i variable has correct value ? Sorry, what's meaning of the i variable?

Yes, I'm sure. I print the m_tableWidget->item(i, 0), and it's surely existed.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Just made small test. just clicking on the button makes editor
    save so something else is incorrect with your code.

alt text

void MainWindow::on_pushButton_released()
    {
    QMessageBox::warning(this,"info", ui->tableWidget->item(0,0)->data(Qt::DisplayRole).toString());
    }

• @mrjj Why? My codes are still failed.

Could you paste your codes here, thanks a lot...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

• @mrjj Make it!

You are right. But why my codes are wrong? Because the below codes,

m_addTableBtn->setFocusPolicy(Qt::NoFocus);
        m_removeTableBtn->setFocusPolicy(Qt::NoFocus);
        m_okBtn->setFocusPolicy(Qt::NoFocus);
        m_cancelBtn->setFocusPolicy(Qt::NoFocus);

I remove these codes, and then, problem solved.

Thanks a lot, mrjj.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Limer
    Hi
    For my test code, the value is saved when button clicked as button takes focus and editor then saves losing focus.
    However when using m_okBtn->setFocusPolicy(Qt::NoFocus); it means it will not take focus then
    and editor won't save then as editor won't lose focus then.

If really need noFocus on the buttons, i think we can find another way to have it save.