How to pass arguments to QWebEngine?

• I am trying to pass certain Command line arguments to my QWebEngineView browser. After some research it seems there is no straight-forward way to do this, but I did find you can use the "QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS" environment variable. But some of the flags I'm passing to it doesn't seem to work, I am doing it like this:

qputenv("QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS", "--disable-logging --ppapi-flash-path=C:\Example\pepflashplayer.dll");

The --disable-logging seems to work, but some other flags doesn't seem to work, including the --ppapi-flash-path. I've also tried setting the --ppapi-flash-version flag, but it still just uses whatever version is installed in the default flash directory.

I am not sure why those don't work, or if there's a better way to pass the command line arguments?

• @Denjas

The --disable-logging seems to work, but some other flags doesn't seem to work, including the --ppapi-flash-path

"--disable-logging --ppapi-flash-path=C:\Example\pepflashplayer.dll"

I realise that path is an example, but if you have actually typed \s and not \\s in a C++ literal string, it won't pass the path you expect and perhaps chromium then sticks to its default directory?

• @JonB I actually do have \\ in the path in my code, but that doesn't work either unfortunately.

And even if I set --ppapi-flash-version to some other version than the one I have installed, it still loads the default version even though it then shouldn't be able to load the plugin.

• @Denjas Do you have spaces in the path? There's currently a bug with that as the environment variable is split on space characters without proper quoting (https://codereview.qt-project.org/243605). If you pass the arguments on the command line, without setting the environment variable, then it should be parsed correctly though.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.