Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

3D visualization dissappears in tabbed dock widget

• Hi, I've got a problem with widgets showing 3D content inside tabbed dock widgets.
    I have dock widgets with a 3D surface from the data visualization package and I have a widget with a 3DWindow from the 3D Extras package. The 3D visualization initally works, but if I tabbify the widget together with another widget, it stops working. When I un-tabbify the widget, the 3D visualization reappears. I'm on Windows. Has anybody an idea what the problem could be?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What version of Qt are you using ?
    On what version of Windows ?
    Where does that 3D view coming from ?

• Hi,
    I'm on Qt 5.11.1 and Windows 10.
    There are Qt3DExtras::Qt3DWindow instances and a Q3DSurface instance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you trigger that problem with a minimal compilable example ?

Also, did you already check the bug report system for issues related to QDockWidget for your situation ?

• I was unable to find anything in the bug report system. Writing a minimal compilable example might take a while, I'll report back when I have one.

• I solved the problem. I'm not sure how it exactly was caused, but (it's a legacy code base) there where custom widgets that where used to host the 3D views. Similar to the container widgets that are created by createWindowContainer. It filtered events and I guess failed to always pass the important ones. After removing all occurences of this custom widget and replacing them with "normal" window containers it all works now.