Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to compile only arm64 target on iOS

• I have compiled a lib library that seems to compile armv7 and arm64 at the same time.
    But I don't want to compile the goal of armv7. Does anyone know how to solve it?

build log:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -c -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -O2 -fPIC -std=gnu++11 -arch armv7 -arch arm64 -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -Xarch_armv7 -miphoneos-version-min=8.0 -Xarch_armv7 -isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.4.sdk -Xarch_arm64 -miphoneos-version-min=8.0 -Xarch_arm64 -isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.4.sdk

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What version of Qt are you using ?

• Hi,

having the same problem. I'm using Qt 5.11, Qt Creator 4.7.1.

My .pro contains
    QMAKE_APPLE_DEVICE_ARCHS=arm64
    but this doesn't change anything.

Edit: For me I want to get rid of the x86_64 arch. It causes this warning:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/sertac/Ogre/dependecies/cabalistic-ogredeps-019e46bf5ce0/Build/src/freetype/Release-iphoneos/libfreetype.a, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /Users/sertac/Ogre/dependecies/cabalistic-ogredeps-019e46bf5ce0/Build/src/freetype/Release-iphoneos/libfreetype.a (2 slices)

Log:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -c -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -O2 -std=gnu++11  -arch arm64  -arch x86_64 -Xarch_arm64 -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -Xarch_arm64 -isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.3.sdk -Xarch_x86_64 -mios-simulator-version-min=10.0 -Xarch_x86_64 -isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.3.sdk -fobjc-nonfragile-abi -fobjc-legacy-dispatch -fembed-bitcode -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -DQT_COMPILER_SUPPORTS_SSE2 -DINCLUDE_RTSHADER_SYSTEM -I../OgreTest -I. -I../../../../Qt5.11/5.11.1/ios/mkspecs/common/uikit -I../../../../Qt5.11/5.11.1/ios/mkspecs/macx-ios-clang -o main.o ../OgreTest/main.cpp
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -stdlib=libc++  -arch arm64  -arch x86_64 -Xarch_arm64 -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -Xarch_arm64 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.3.sdk -Xarch_x86_64 -mios-simulator-version-min=10.0 -Xarch_x86_64 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.3.sdk -fembed-bitcode -Wl,-rpath,@executable_path/Frameworks -o OGRETest main.o   -L/Users/sertac/Ogre/dependecies/cabalistic-ogredeps-019e46bf5ce0/Build/src/freetype/Release-iphoneos -lfreetype 

• Ok, I managed to disable the simulator (x86_64) part using:

QMAKE_APPLE_SIMULATOR_ARCHS=

@OP: Try

QMAKE_APPLE_DEVICE_ARCHS=arm64

or

QMAKE_IOS_DEVICE_ARCHS=arm64

on older Qt versions.

• @SGaist
    QT9.6.
    I changed a method, the library linked to the program is also compiled armv7 and arm64.
    First compile the armv7 and arm64 libraries separately, then merge them with the lipo tool.