What is the better option - ui builder or hand (code) made ui?

• As a newbie, I am in doubt if I should use ui builder from qtcreator or if hand code the user interface.

For example, when using QStackedWidget, ui builder automatically adds widgets called pages. What is not a bad behavior, but unexpected, because adding controls into QStackedWidget put them side-by-side. So just after reading the .ui file I figured out what was happening.

thanks,

Valter

• I think this is purely a matter of taste.

I usually hand code all the UI code, because it means greater flexibility to me and I'm usually faster. But at this stage I have a concrete vision of how it will look like (mostly based on photoshop templates or hand-drawn sketches). However the UI designer is still a good tool and I would see it more as a rapid development and design tool, mostly in the decision-making process (the same applies for the Qt Quick designer).

But as I said - matter of taste ;-)

• A matter of taste indeed. I prefer to use Designer for the parts that I can, and that is usually for most of what I need. I find that it is easier to maintain my ui's that way. However, there is nothing wrong with either aproach.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.