Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QListView in QSplitter not using entire available size.

• Hello,

I have a QTableView, QLineEdit and QListView in a QDockWidget and use a QSplitter for the layout. I get a lot of free space which I would like the QListView to have. I have used multiple functions found in QtDocs, but none of them let me change the size of the QListView. If I remove the QListView from the QSplitter, the space is nicely distributed between QTableView and QLineEdit, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong with the QListView. Picture 1 is the current state and picture 2 is what I want to have.

0_1535105744654_Tool.png
    0_1535106203124_Tool_evenly.png

• Qt Champions 2019

@YokeM Actually you just need to layout all this in the parent widget.

• One possibility is that you have setSizeAdjustPolicy(QAbstractScrollArea::AdjustToContents);

• @jsulm I can set a fixed size, but if I change the size at runtime, the QListView will not be resized obviously, as it has a fixed size.

• @VRonin Thanks, I can do that, but I want the QListView have to fill the entire space that is left. If I change the policy to QAbstractScrollArea::AdjustToContents, the QListView will be adjusted to the needs of the contents. I.e.: if the contents only need a small amount of space, then the QListView also be very small.

• @YokeM Yes, sorry, I was actually highlighting it as a possible cause of the problem. I wasn't clear.

Can you show the code you use to add the widgets to the splitter?

• @VRonin Sure:

ListView:

.h:

class...
    {
            QListView  *listView;
    }

.cpp:

void func ...
    {
    	listView = new QListView(this);
    	listView->setModel(listModel);
    	listView->setEditTriggers(QAbstractItemView::NoEditTriggers);
    }

Splitter:

.h:

class...
    {
             QSplitter *componentSplitter;
    }

.cpp:

void func ...
    {
    	componentSplitter = new QSplitter(this);
    	componentSplitter->setOrientation(Qt::Vertical);
    	componentSplitter->setChildrenCollapsible(false);
            componentSplitter->addWidget(descriptionComponent);
    }

• The code you posted is missing the key link. how does listView end up in componentSplitter?

• @VRonin My bad:

using: void QSplitter::addWidget(QWidget *widget)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

The problem is that with your code, you have one class with a QListView and another one with a QSplitter, how are they connected to each other ?