Add rectangles inside a rectangle from script

• I would like to add rectangles in a bigger rectangle from the java script.
    I want to do it that way because the size and the number of rectangle can be different at some times. I don't know how to do that can annybody guide me a bit through this ?

Thank you in advande

• Lifetime Qt Champion

• I saw that doc but I feel like it is not the good solution for what I want to do.

the code I will have will be something like (should do something like this code):

for (i=0, i<numberOfRectangle, i++){
       myParentRect.addRect (width= parent.width/numberOfRectangle, id= "rect"+i) //The addRect method does not exist and it is what I need to find. 
    }

The doc is more for a one shot creation am I wrong ? Maybe I completly misunderstood it

• Qt Champions 2018

If your rectangles should be instantiated based on some data, I would recommend you to use a model/view approach instead of a dynamic creation approach.

I believe dynamic creation should be reserved to case when an object is temporarily created from an event, like an alert or a dialog.

In your case I would do something like this:

RowLayout { // you can change the container if you want, but from your code snippet (width = parent.width/numberOfRectangle), it seems to be the one you need
        // sizing with width/height or anchors
        Repeater {
            model: numberOfRectangle
            Rectangle {
                Layout.fillWidth: true
                Layout.fillHeight: true
            }
        }
    }

• @GrecKo You are probably right I going to try it this way. Is it possible to implement different actions on each rectangle ? (I want to ad a mouse area in it and add an action to it, but it has to be different for each rectangle)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.