Controllable Animation on a QChart o Diagram Cartesian

• Hello everyone, I should implement the Graphic User Interface for a controllable animation.

Basically, if for example I have a map<timestamp, position>, following the order of the timestamps the GUI should design a (dotted) line on a diagram cartesian, following the positions (x,y) which correspond to the timestamps, as if it was a trajectory in practice. Besides the animation should be fluid (possibly not to add a piece of line in a single blow), the user should be able to stop the animation and should be able to control the time, bringing the animation to a previous state (e.g. if it is at timestamp 1533195078 now , he should have the possibility to return to the state at 1533195000).

I read the QT 5.11 Documentation (I'm not using Qt Quick) and particularly the Qt Animation Framework, but honestly I'm having some difficulties understanding how I could reach my goal.
    First I thought I could make a subclass of QChart and QAbstractAnimation, but then how could I plot this animation of the diagram cartesian?
    Then I found out the QVariantAnimation, but it works on some QVariants (like che QPointF), so I think that it would let me just to change the position of a QPointF, not its evolution on a diagram cartesian.
    Finally I also thought about using the QTimerClass, adding a piece of line when the timer shots but I think in this case the animation would not be fluid and I should magage the rewind possibility manually, with buttons, slots etc.
    I also read about the QTimeLine but I didn't understand if it could suit my project.

Could some of my ideas be correct? If so, in which way I should continue, starting from them? Otherwise, are there other paths I can follow to implement this GUI?
    I trully thank you for reading my doubts, if I'm not clear be free to ask me, since I'm not English native speaker.

• I think before you try making custom classes and complicating things I would try simply appending and removing from your series and see how that looks.

Use your deltaT with a scale factor to determine the time you *may want to wait before appending another point. I would think by growing your series one point at a time you are likely to get the "animation" you want. If you have a large total displacement between your points you might need to do some interpolation and add points in between so that you can smooth that portion.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.