Problems with windeployqt after installing 5.11.1

• I've had 5.9.2 before. I've installed 5.11.1 and now, when I try to windeploqt my app I get only
    Unable to read c:\Users\qt\work\install\mkspecs\qconfig.pri
    In the output. But I don't have that folder. I don't even have drive C!

• Qt Champions 2018

@flashmozzg Did you rebuild your app with Qt 5.11.1? Did you call windeployqt from your Qt 5.11.1 installation?

• @jsulm said in Problems with windeployqt after installing 5.11.1:

@flashmozzg Did you rebuild your app with Qt 5.11.1? Did you call windeployqt from your Qt 5.11.1 installation?

Yes. The full command is: F:\Qt\5.11.1\msvc2017_64\bin\windeployqt --no-angle --no-opengl-sw --no-svg --no-translations --no-quick "path\to.exe"

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Where exactly are you calling the executable from ?
    Do you have your environnement variables modified ?
    Do you have a qt.conf file in that folder ?

• @SGaist said in Problems with windeployqt after installing 5.11.1:

Hi,

Where exactly are you calling the executable from ?
    Do you have your environnement variables modified ?
    Do you have a qt.conf file in that folder ?

I'm using full paths and it finds the executable, why should that matter? I've tried calling it from different folders, including the one with exe I'm trying to deploy.

No. I didn't mess with the environment. The same setup worked flawlessly with 5.9. It all broke down when I tried to install 5.11.1 with QtC 4.7.0

As I said, this folder never existed. There is no user called qt and there is usually no drive C. It feels like some hardcoded value that's left in the binary.

EDIT: looks like broken Maintenance Tool has butchered my installation. Had to do complete reinstall (which was quite painful due to QTIFW-975 ). Works fine now.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Glad you found out the source of trouble and thanks for sharing !

Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tools" button so that other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

• I got this same issue on 5.12.3. Reinstallation (this time 5.12.1) didn't help.
    The below message occurs at Make/jom time:

error: Unable to read <my-source_dir\..>\mkspecs\qconfig.pri: The system cannot find the path specified.

(Edited error message for (hopefully) clarity. <my-source_dir\..> is actually an absolute path on my system (D drive, no spaces).)

No clue. All the instances of string 'qconfig.pri' in the generated makefiles use its (correct) absolute path.

• If I add into my <pro file dir>\.. folder some junctions to %QTDIR%\bin, %QTDIR%\mkspec, %QTDIR%\plugins, and %QTDIR%\translations, windeployqt stops complaining and finishes successfully. This hack is the only thing that's worked so far -- even hacking PATH doesn't work.