What should I set to compile a Qt file after change the paths of files?

• 0_1531819108527_1.PNG
    As you can see, it looks like below. (Before I changed, they were all in the same folder : Calculator)
    Calculator
    └ main.cpp
    Calculator.pro
    └ view
     └ mainwindow.cpp
     └ mainwindow.ui
     └ header
      └ mainwindow.h

I edited Calculator.pro to apply path changes like below.

SOURCES += \
            main.cpp \
            view/mainwindow.cpp

HEADERS += \
            view/header/mainwindow.h

FORMS += \
            view/mainwindow.ui

However, when I try to compile it gives an error.

18:10:30: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    18:10:30: Starting: "D:\qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" 
    	D:\qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -f Makefile.Debug
    Error: dependent '..\Calculator\mainwindow.ui' does not exist.
    jom: C:\Users\Coder\Desktop\qt\build-Calculator-Desktop_Qt_5_11_1_MSVC2015_32bit-Debug\Makefile [debug] Error 2
    18:10:30: The process "D:\qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project Calculator (kit: Desktop Qt 5.11.1 MSVC2015 32bit)
    The kit Desktop Qt 5.11.1 MSVC2015 32bit has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
    When executing step "Make"
    18:10:30: Elapsed time: 00:00.

Error: dependent '..\Calculator\mainwindow.ui' does not exist.
    It seems that changes are not applied. What files should I edit to make it work?

• Moderators

@Aaron-Kim

When you are in Qt creator you should rerun qmake. Go to the left pane where you typically find "Projects" otherwise select projects. Go to the project name and do a right click,select "Run qmake".

In addition you can add

CONFIG -= debug_and_release

under windows the shadow functionality creates separate debug and release folders, which are considered as a bit obscure. Those different folders are blamed to require a rerun of qmake too often. The statement above combines the folders and makefiles as in linux.

• @koahnig It works! thank you

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.