run through each components on the page

• Hello,

I would like to run through each components of a page. This will be in order to access a parameter of this element and get its state to save in a properties file to save some option.

This is maybe not a good approach so if anybody know a good way to manage option on a saved file please tell me. It's the first time I have this kind of stuff in C++/QML.
    In Java it is made with ".properties" files. But I did not find any equivalent in C++/QML .

• Moderators

If it is only about saving settings, then you can use Settings component.

If you do indeed want to run through all properties of all objects, do this:

• get your root QML element in C++
    • loop (recursively) through all children
    • loop through all properties for each child

A kind-of-but-not-really example for this can be found here https://github.com/sierdzio/closecombatfree/blob/master/src/ccfgamemanager.cpp#L74

• I'm taking a look at the Settings component.
    Is it capable to save the settings in separate file wich I could eventually generate with an external app. What it imply is that is as a well know format such as .xml, .json or something like that ?

• Moderators

@DavidM29 said in run through each components on the page:

Is it capable to save the settings in separate file wich I could eventually generate with an external app

Yes, see the docs:

The information is stored in the system registry on Windows, and in XML preferences files on macOS. On other Unix systems, in the absence of a standard, INI text files are used. See QSettings documentation for more details.

And this static method: QSettings::setPath().

• Thank you for your replies.

I think Settings is not the good solution for me because I haven't been able to find a way to have controls on when the parameters are saved on the file. I want them to change and save them only when a button is pressed. I already have file reading and writing functions in C++.
    My files are a bit like java ".properties" files :

"
    property01=value01
    property02=value02
    propertyXX=valueXX
    "

Regarding the loop on all my Qml element from C++ how can I access my QML component from a separate cpp file (I mean by that not from the main.cpp).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.