Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to overlay a transparent Widget on the contents of DX rendering?

• Hey guys
    I have a very difficult problem here, and I hope to get your help.

I created a QWidget and passed the handle to the DX to draw a 3D scenario for QWidget. At the same time I want to put a QWidget on this QWidget as a mask, which I need to set to transparent / translucent, but when I set this mask to transparent / translucent, its background does not show the content of DX, but black. I looked up the relevant information, saying that the way QWidget was drawn was different from that of DX, and that QWidget could not get the content of the DX drawing, so it was not transparent to display the content of the DX.

Is there anyone who can help solve this problem? Thanks very much。

P.S below is some code snippets:

QtIFCCtrl::QtIFCCtrl(QWidget *parent)
    : QWidget(parent), m_showFaces(true), m_showWireFrame(true), m_showLines(true), m_showPoints(true), m_showSkyBox(false)
    , m_iZoomMouseX(0), m_iZoomMouseY(0), m_initialized(false), m_DirectXStatus(0)
    , m_fZoomScale(0.02)
    , m_kCameraMoveAmt(0.002f), m_kMaxAngle(89.99f)
    , m_CubePosition(0, 0, 0), m_vectorOrigin(0,0,0)
    , m_noVertices(0), m_dbsize(0)
    , m_pVerticesDeviceBuffer(nullptr), m_pIndicesDeviceBuffer(nullptr)
    , m_facesToDraw(false), m_vertexOffset(0), m_indexOffsetForFaces(0), m_noPrimitivesForFaces(0)
    , m_wireFrameToDraw(false), m_linesToDraw(false), m_pointsToDraw(false)
    , m_indexOffsetForWireFrame(0), m_noPrimitivesForWireFrame(0), m_indexOffsetForLines(0)
    , m_noPrimitivesForLines(0), m_indexOffsetForPoints(0), m_noPrimitivesForPoints(0)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < 6; i++)
    {
    m_pTextureSkyBox[i] = nullptr;
    }

m_testLight.Diffuse.r = 0.2f;
    m_testLight.Diffuse.g = 0.2f;
    m_testLight.Diffuse.b = 0.2f;
    m_testLight.Diffuse.a = 1.0f;
    m_testLight.Specular.r = 0.2f;//0.3f;
    m_testLight.Specular.g = 0.2f;//0.3f;
    m_testLight.Specular.b = 0.2f;//0.3f;
    m_testLight.Specular.a = 1.0f;//0.5f;
    m_testLight.Ambient.r = 0.2f;//0.7f;
    m_testLight.Ambient.g = 0.2f;//0.7f;
    m_testLight.Ambient.b = 0.2f;//0.7f;
    m_testLight.Ambient.a = 1.0f;

// ui.setupUi(this);
    setAttribute(Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen, true);
    // setAttribute(Qt::WA_NativeWindow);

InitExpreeSchema();

if (!m_initialized) {
    	m_pD3D = NULL;
    	m_pd3dDevice = NULL;
    	m_pVB = NULL;
    	m_pIB = NULL;
    	m_pTexture = NULL;
    	m_pLine = NULL;
    	m_pVertexBufferSkyBox = NULL;
    	m_pIBSyeBox = NULL;

m_hwndRenderWindow = (HWND)(winId());

m_iWidth = width();
    	m_iHeight = height();

// CRect rc(rect().left(), rect().top(), rect().width(), rect().height());
    InitializeDevice(NULL);
    InitializeDeviceBuffer();

m_initialized = true;

Render(false);
    }

}

Make the mask code:

IFCVQT::IFCVQT(QWidget *parent)
    : QMainWindow(parent)
    {
    ui.setupUi(this);

ifctrl = new QtIFCCtrl(this);

QWidget* qw = new QWidget(this);
    qw->setStyleSheet(QString("background-color:rgba(255,0,0,15)"));
    //qw->setAttribute(Qt::WA_NoBackground);
    qw->setGeometry(100, 100, 300, 300);

// ifcWidget = new QtIFCWidget(this);
    setCentralWidget(ifctrl);

//ifctrl->setStyleSheet(QString("background-color:rgba(255,0,0,0)"));

this->connect(ui.actionpoint, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionPoint()));
    this->connect(ui.actionline, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionLine()));
    this->connect(ui.actionframe, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionFrame()));
    this->connect(ui.actionface, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionFace()));
    this->connect(ui.actionside, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionSide()));
    this->connect(ui.actionLoadFile, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionLoadFile()));
    this->connect(ui.actionLoadFile2, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionLoadFile2()));
    this->connect(ui.actionfront, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionFront()));
    this->connect(ui.actionfloor, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionFloor()));
    this->connect(ui.actionsystem, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionSystem()));
    this->connect(ui.actionunref, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionUnref()));
    this->connect(ui.actiontransparent, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionTransparent()));
    this->connect(ui.actionshowOnly, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionshowOnly()));
    this->connect(ui.actionhide, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionhide()));
    this->connect(ui.actionshow, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionshow()));
    this->connect(ui.actionCleanTransparent, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionCleanTransparent()));
    this->connect(ui.actionshowAll, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionshowAll()));
    this->connect(ui.actionLight, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionLight()));
    this->connect(ui.actionTree, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionTree()));
    this->connect(ui.actionResetAll, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(actionResetAll()));

this->connect(ifctrl, SIGNAL(ifcItemSelect(QString)), this, SLOT(ifcItemSelect(QString)));

}