Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QSqlTableModel: signals for after insert/update/delete and error?

• QSqlTableModel has the signals beforeInsert, beforeUpdate and beforeDelete, but:

• Is there any signal for afterInsert, afterUpdate and AfterDelete?
    • For insert, QAbstractItemModel::rowsAboutToBeInserted would be the same as beforeInsert?
    • For insert, QAbstractItemModel::rowsInserted was the equivalent to "afterInsert"?
    • What happens if the insert fails? I suppose that first the rowsAboutToBeInserted and beforeInsert are launched, but, if the insert on the db fails, what signal I must to connect to detect it? the rowsInserted are launched?

• @lqsa said in QSqlTableModel: signals for after insert/update/delete and error?:

As you suggest, inherited from the base QAbstractItemModel are signals rowsInserted/Removed(). These are raised after the insertion/deletion.

Update is a touch different. Assuming by that you mean that values in columns in an existing row are being updated, you would see a QAbstractItemModel::dataChanged() signal.

For errors/behaviour, don't forget that your QSqlTableModel::EditStrategy determines when the changes are actually submitted to the database and hence when you would actually receive an error if that fails. I use QSqlTableModel::OnManualSubmit, and QSqlTableModel::submitAll() returns a bool and detailed error information. It's a good point and I don't know what the other edit strategies do for errors --- since Qt does not tend to use signals for this --- e.g. QSqlTableModel::OnFieldChange presumably causes the original setData() to return a failure result(?), no idea for QSqlTableModel::OnRowChange!

• To add to the above, if I'm not mistaken, if the operation on the db fails the opposite signals will be emitted. For example:
    rowsAboutToBeInserted -> rowsInserted -> db operation fails -> rowsAboutToBeRemoved -> rowsRemoved