Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Confusion about QML module versions

• I have continuing confusion about QML module versions and haven't found adequate discussion to straighten myself out. In particular:

1. Where do I find the latest (or for whatever reason, preferred) version number of a particular module?
    2. Where do I find info about the differences between versions?
    3. Should I be surprised at the range of module versions specified by different QML examples? For example, different QML examples import QtQuick 2.[0-7]
    4. Is there a way to specify in the import statement to use the latest module version? I find it hard enough to keep operational consitency between all .qml files without the added burden of remembering to update everything when a new version of a module comes out.

Any suggestions appreciated

• Moderators

@drmhkelley said in Confusion about QML module versions:

Where do I find the latest (or for whatever reason, preferred) version number of a particular module?

the latest docs always show the latest import version

@drmhkelley said in Confusion about QML module versions:

Is there a way to specify in the import statement to use the latest module version? I find it hard enough to keep operational consitency between all .qml files without the added burden of remembering to update everything when a new version of a module comes out.

this would do harm your application more than you would benefit from it.
    When your application works like intended, there is no reason to upgrade the version. A higher version might introduce different behavior in some cases.