Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Can't start Qt Quick application

• Hello,
    I would like to make my first QT Quick application. To do so I made a new Qt Quick application project. And from here I've change nothing and tried to run it but it crash at startup.

Here is the error I get :

Starting C:\Users\MyProject\debug\MyProject.exe...
    The program terminated unexpectedly
    The process was ended forcefully.
    C:/Users/MyProject/debug/MyProject.exe crashed.

I believe this error is due to a problem with my Qt instalation. I think it is not capable to find Qt Dll. But I don't know how to fix it. Can you please help me to do that ?

Here is my .pro file :

QT += quick
    CONFIG += c++11

# The following define makes your compiler emit warnings if you use
    # any feature of Qt which as been marked deprecated (the exact warnings
    # depend on your compiler). Please consult the documentation of the
    # deprecated API in order to know how to port your code away from it.
    DEFINES += QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS

# You can also make your code fail to compile if you use deprecated APIs.
    # In order to do so, uncomment the following line.
    # You can also select to disable deprecated APIs only up to a certain version of Qt.
    #DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x060000    # disables all the APIs deprecated before Qt 6.0.0

SOURCES += \
            main.cpp

RESOURCES += qml.qrc

# Additional import path used to resolve QML modules in Qt Creator's code model
    QML_IMPORT_PATH =

# Additional import path used to resolve QML modules just for Qt Quick Designer
    QML_DESIGNER_IMPORT_PATH =

# Default rules for deployment.
    qnx: target.path = /tmp/$${TARGET}/bin
    else: unix:!android: target.path = /opt/$${TARGET}/bin
    !isEmpty(target.path): INSTALLS += target

I haven't change anything from the project generated by Qt it should be good.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    You start app from within Creator ?
    If you are using a laptop with windows, make sure you updated the gfx drivers
    especially if its intel build in gfx.
    QML requires ok openGL to run.

• Thank you for your answer,
    Yes I do start the App within Creator.
    I have updated my Nvidia drivers, I have no GFX drivers and can't find one suitable for my computer on the intel Website, I have an old 3rd Generation i7.
    In fact I just found out that it is not only Qt quick application, standard UI Application crashes also...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@DavidM29
    Hi
    Do you mean that a normal Qt GUI app also crashes when run from Creator ?
    There might be some DLL conflict then.

• Yes, I just tried a previous GUI App and it crashes. I believe there is something wrong with my DLL. How can I check that ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@DavidM29

Hi
    So if you create a default empty GUI app, it can crash ?
    ( an older project , unless really clean, is not optimal)

Anyway, some of the reason for such things.
    1: During install, the anti virus fuxed it up silently.
    cure is to reinstall with it off
    2: some other Qt are are installed on system and added its path to global path.
    3: Font issues. at least in win 7 , it could make it crash with a a bad font.
    4: Something is up with Creator and it dont setup paths correctly when it runs.

Did you install Qt recently or did you have a big windows update ?

• I just tried with a new GUI App and here is the result :

0_1527146893868_68c5b6a6-49fb-452a-be16-e10e1991691a-image.png

I reinstalled Qt recently. I had an old version on my windows (I was using virtual machine with linux). And since I reinstalled it, it does not work anymore.
    Your second reason could be the reason why I have problem considering my old Qt kept its path and my new one added some.
    How can I make sure of that ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@DavidM29

Hi
    if you start
    C:\Qt\MaintenanceTool.exe

Does it list more than one Qt installed ?
    Normally its NOT an issue (Creator can use many version of Qt) but
    odd crashes like this normally/often comes from wrong DLLs being loaded.

if you have other version of Qt on hd. Could you rename that folder for test if 5.11 than runs?

• I started it, then I tried to make update modules and Add or remove module but it tells me that I have no valid and active repository, at least one is required. So I suppose I have something real wrong. I try to remove everything I have around Qt and make a clean install.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@DavidM29

Nah, it might not be something you did :)

But if an options, please remove all and use the online installer to install
    one or more Qt versions.

I think its the fastest way to make it run :)

• I had issues using the online installer, I was stuck at 5% that is why I used Offline installer. So I uninstalled everything, and found an older version of that online installer and now everything seems good. Exept that I don't have the 5.11 but only 5.10 version of Qt don't know why it was not available on that installer. Is there a way to update Qt without downloading the entire package ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@DavidM29
    well maintenance tool can update. :)