Qt 5.10.1 Install fails with "License check failed! Giving up ..."
I just installed QT 5.10.1 Open Source option. When I try to build a project, I see "License check failed. Giving up...". I never had a problem with other versions I had installed previously (highest I used was 5.5.1).
Appreciate any guidance,
I installed the Open source option. This is what shows on Compile Output Section:
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE
Your Evaluation license has expired.
You are no longer licensed to use this software.
Please log into your Qt Account at https://account.qt.io/
to purchase a license.
Then don't login and just continue the installation of the OpenSource Edition.
@SGaist That's what I did. I did not sign in with any username and it went to Open source installation. I also removed the .qt_license from my default login directory. However, the problem still occurs
Then are you sure you are using that version you installed and not the old one ?
yes. Here is snapshot
Here is the config in 5.10.1/mingw53_32/mkspec/qconfig.pri
QT_ARCH = i386
QT_BUILDABI = i386-little_endian-ilp32
QT.global.enabled_features = shared debug_and_release build_all c++11 c++14 c++1z concurrent
QT.global.disabled_features = cross_compile framework rpath appstore-compliant pkg-config force_asserts separate_debug_info simulator_and_device static
QT_CONFIG += shared debug_and_release debug release build_all c++11 c++14 c++1z concurrent dbus no-pkg-config stl
CONFIG += shared release no_plugin_manifest
QT_VERSION = 5.10.1
QT_MAJOR_VERSION = 5
QT_MINOR_VERSION = 10
QT_PATCH_VERSION = 1
QT_GCC_MAJOR_VERSION = 5
QT_GCC_MINOR_VERSION = 3
QT_GCC_PATCH_VERSION = 0
QT_EDITION = OpenSource
QT_LICHECK = licheck.exe
QT_RELEASE_DATE = 2018-02-09
Note I had previously in earlier versions to 5.5.1 with Open Source with no problems. I do remember I had accidentally used a evaluation version quite early on which had expired. That did not affect my subsequent Open Source versions to 5.5.1. What happened here is that I upgraded Open source 5.5.1 to 5.10.1 and now nothing is working anymore.
@SGaist I fixed it by deleting all the QT folders (old ones included), desinstalled QT and started again.