How to set SO_REUSEPORT option for QUdpSocket?

• Hello. How to set SO_REUSEPORT option for QUdpSocket?

• Qt Champions 2017

use BindMode and BindFlag in bind(..) method

• I could not get this to work using the QUdpSocket::bind() functions and the BindFlag as dheerendra suggested. There doesn't seem to be a BindFlag for reusing ports, at least not in in Qt4 (what I use). I did look quickly at the Qt5 documentation and didn't see any appropriate BindFlag, either.

So I did it using Berkeley sockets. I'm using Linux, the same code might work with WinSock, if not something trivially similar will. The following code creates a QUdpSocket, provides it with a low-level socket descriptor that has been set for SO_REUSEPORT, then binds it to port 34567:

QUdpSocket *sock = new QUdpSocket;
    int sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
    int optval = 1;
    setsockopt(sockfd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEPORT, 
                  (void *) &optval, sizeof(optval));
    sock->setSocketDescriptor(sockfd, QUdpSocket::UnconnectedState);
    sock->bind(34567, QUdpSocket::ShareAddress | QUdpSocket::ReuseAddressHint);

• @Xando

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47268023/how-to-set-so-reuseaddr-on-the-socket-used-by-qtcpserver takes the same approach as you do if required to access flags not available from Qt.

FYI though, have a careful read of https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-33419. At one point I see:

case QNativeSocketEngine::AddressReusable:
    #if defined(SO_REUSEPORT)
            // on OS X, SO_REUSEADDR isn't sufficient to allow multiple binds to the
            // same port (which is useful for multicast UDP). SO_REUSEPORT is, but
            // we most definitely do not want to use this for TCP. See QTBUG-6305.
            if (socketType == QAbstractSocket::UdpSocket)
                n = SO_REUSEPORT;
            else
                n = SO_REUSEADDR;
    #else
            n = SO_REUSEADDR;
    #endif

implying that code for QNativeSocketEngine::AddressReusable will use SO_REUSEPORT for QAbstractSocket::UdpSocket , provided available at compilation?