Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Tri states checkable button

• Hello,
    I would like to make a Tri states checkable button.
    How can I achieve this ?

My goal here is to have a picture and when the user click on it, it change and show different functions and I want to be able to switch between 3 different mode at only one place. Maybe I have a bad idea of how doing it, if so please tell me the best solution.

Thanks

• Hi,
    use a QCheckBox it is a tri-state button.

• @Alain38-0
    What does the checkState() method on this kind of checkbox ?

• If you create a QCheckBox, and then set it as tri-state button (you have to call the function setTriState as explained in the class documentation), the checkState returns three possible values: Checked, Unchecked, and PartiallyChecked. For more details, please refer to the documentation of QCheckBox

• @Alain38-0
    Thank you for your answer and your time.

If you still have time for me is there a way to make a X-states button/checkbox ? (Just because I'm interested)

• QCheckBox is derived from QAbstractButton. As QAbstractButton is normally for two-states buttons and QCheckBox adds a new state, I think that it should be possible to create its own x-state button. For this you will have to override the protected function nextCheckState.

• Ok if one day I have to do something like this I'll try. Thank you