Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Browser on Imx6ULL

• Hello Everyone,
    I am working on developing a lightweight browser on Qt5.9 on the imx6ull board. The board details are given below on the link
    https://www.emcraft.com/products/777
    I completed the activities as below

1. Downloaded the Qt5.9 source code and cross compiled with the Emcraft toolchain.
    2. The Qt5.9 example browser code (fancybrowser) is also cross compiled with the Emcraft toolchain. The libraries were linked to the Qt5.9 libs generated from Step 1.

I executed the browser example , but it gave the below issue

[Code]
    QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/platforms" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libqlinuxfb.so"
    Found metadata in lib /mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libqlinuxfb.so, metadata=
    {
    "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.3",
    "MetaData": {
    "Keys": [
    "linuxfb"
    ]
    },
    "className": "QLinuxFbIntegrationPlugin",
    "debug": false,
    "version": 329985
    }

Got keys from plugin meta data ("linuxfb")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0"
    QElfParser: '/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0' is an invalid ELF object (empty .rodata. not a library.)
    "'/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0' is an invalid ELF object (empty .rodata. not a library.)"
    not a plugin
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0.13.1"
    QElfParser: '/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0.13.1' is an invalid ELF object (empty .rodata. not a library.)
    "'/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0.13.1' is an invalid ELF object (empty .rodata. not a library.)"
    not a plugin
    SEGV
    [/Code]
    Let me know if I miss anything

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@FVKamlesh said in Qt Browser on Imx6ULL:

/mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0' is an invalid ELF object

This looks like you copied libs for x86 to your device or this lib is corrupted.
    Do the following:

file /mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0.13.1

and post the output here.

• @jsulm said in Qt Browser on Imx6ULL:

file /mnt/home/qt591emcraftlib/BIN/platforms/libudev.so.0.13.1

Actually we copied the libudev libraries from the toolchain provided by the Emcraft
    link :https://www.emcraft.com/component/jdownloads/view.download/85/874

The output of the file libudev.so.0.13.1
    ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=a530642382e86d468262bf2c6303d0d74c0e2c77, stripped

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@FVKamlesh Strange. What does

file YOUR_EXECUTABLE

say?

• I cross compiled the libudev library and copied the library on the /usr/lib
    That made the above issue FIXED.