Unable to run Qt Quick 3D application with hardware acceleration for embedded Linux target(Freescale i.MX53)

• I developed a sample 3D demo with Qt Quick3d and build for embedded Linux. I was successfully able to run this demo without hardware acceleration enabled(i.e. with software rendering).

For running demo wtih Hardware acceleration support I build EGL-based screen driver qt-labs-simplegl and deployed on target BSP.

But, I was not able to run demo with that.

Target on which I am checking is Freescale i.MX53 and BSP deployed is LTIB_10.07.11.

I am hoping qt-labs-simplegl is supporting i.MX53.

Can anyone guide me to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

• Did you succeed in running Qt Quick 3D with the i.MX53?

• Hi,

"qtd1d1":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/member/22547
    I think you need to check with the gpu drivers?
    Will try to get you more details.

Regards :: Krishna Pavan

• Hi,

I am currently working on a Qt5 port for the i.MX51/53. I have received a patched driver from Freescale, and I hope to have a halfway usable platform plugin/compositor for the end of next week.
    If anyone is still on this issue, about hardware acceleration on the i.MX platforms, you can contact me (e-mail or IRC) for collaboration.

Regards,
    Pierre V.

• Hi, Pierre Vorraghen,

Qt5 Port?
    I have heard of a Qt-OpenSource-Everywhere_Being used on i.MX5X,

But can you please elaborate on Qt5?

• Krishna,

Please do some research on the subject. Qt 5 is the next version of Qt. It is currently in active development, and the Alpha is just around the corner (literally).
    See this page for more information: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-Alpha

I recently submitted a patch allowing for a "nogl" build, and since change I55ef4f0de1b3ec201e727cebc52cfd891963b2b4, qtwayland runs on the i.MX platform with this configuration.
    However, that's only for shm clients (ie. Widget-only applications, like the examples in qtbase/examples/widgets), and a custom hardware integration has to be written for the i.MX in order for hardware accelerated graphics to be supported. (So in essence, there's still a lot of work to be done until it can smoothly run OpenGL/OpenVG, etc...)

As you probably know, the i.MX51/53 boards have an AMD z430 GPU, for which the libEGL obviously doesn't allow to run Wayland natively. I am currently working on a gl/hardware integration for it.
    If you have experience with i.MX graphics development, and/or the C2D API from Qualcomm for instance, and if you're interested and confident enough to participate in developing this, we can get in touch about it.

If you're looking for a funcitonal plugin though, you should probably stick with Qt4.X for now.

Pierre

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.