Qt bluetooth for Windows 7

• Hello,
    I have got a device with bluetooth 4.0 in it and a laptop (Windows 7) with builtin bluetooth module. I want to write a small program for communication with this device. How can I do it with Qt?
    I read that Qt Bluetooth module doesn't support Windows 7 (why?...). Is there any walkaround?

1. Bluetooth 4.0, aka BLE, is supported from windows 8 and newer.
    2. Official Qt does not supported BLE on Windows, except WinRT (win10 AFAIK).
    3. QtConnectivity module has 'additional' wip/win branch which support BLE (bluetooth 4.0) with win32 API.

So, summary: If you want BLE support, you should to have the Windows >= 8..x, and a himself to compile and install the wip/win branch of QtConnectivity module. Or, maybe, to use Qt for WinRT, but I don't know how it work.

• You can maybe communicate with your Bluetooth device configured as a virtual serial port. Actually this is what I'm doing with a BLE dongle, but the target device is Bluetooth 3.0 (or even 2.0). So I don't know if it could work in your case.
    But this is only for raw serial communication and you will lose the BLE layer (Services, Characteristics, Descriptors, etc...).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.