No help screens

• Using openSUSE 42.3 - KDE desktop - Qt Creator 5.6.2 (from openSUSE repositories). When I try to use the help screens, I get a blank page with the message "The page could not be found. Error loading: qthelp://org.qtproject.qtcreator.430/doc/index.html Check that you have the corresponding documentation set installed."

Using yast, it seems I have all the documentation installed. Perhaps there's a conflict in the settings of Qt Creator and where the docs were installed? Anyway, I truly need the help screens!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What exact documentation package did you install ? All of those related to Qt ?

By the way, the version of Qt Creator you are giving is likely the version of Qt used to build it. The current version of Qt Creator is 4.6.

• Qt Champions 2017

Hi @bart.hollis,

• the help is in *.qch files, do you have them on your disk?
    • Check Tools > Options > Help in Creator if these files are registered. if not, you can add them there

regards

• This forum is truly wonderful! I can spend two days trying to fix a problem and then, I ask on this forum and "WOW"! The solution to my problem presents itself almost immediately! Obviously, I have found and fixed my problem. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What was the problem ?

• Fpr the record: The qtcreator.ch file was not on my disk. It is included in the rpm file I used to install Qt Creator. So, I did an update and the file was installed this time. I have NO idea why it wasn't there, but it is now. Thanks for your extremely fast replies!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.