slot close widget shows an other empty dialog

• Porting my Qt 4 application to Qt 5 on Mac OS 10.10, I'm encoutring a strange function. I'm creating a Widget from a mainWindow :

if(workspace->subWindowList().contains((QMdiSubWindow *)frmHisto))
        {
            workspace->setActiveSubWindow(qobject_cast<QMdiSubWindow *>(frmHisto));
            return;
        }

frmHisto = new frmListeOrdo(this);
        workspace->addSubWindow(frmHisto);/

connect(frmHisto, SIGNAL(prescrire(int,int,Patient*,Abonne *)), this, SLOT(showPrescription(int,int,Patient*,Abonne *)));
        connect(frmHisto, SIGNAL(showMe()), this, SLOT(showHisto()));

if(workspace->subWindowList().contains(qobject_cast<QMdiSubWindow *>(frOrdo)))
            connect(frOrdo, SIGNAL(changeOrdo()), frmHisto, SLOT(refreshOrdo()));

frmHisto->show();
        frmHisto->setWindowState(Qt::WindowMaximized);

workspace->setActiveSubWindow(qobject_cast<QMdiSubWindow *>(frmHisto));
        frmHisto->setFocus();

In the frmHisto, I've a pushButton to close the Widget and I've added the closeEvent method

connect(pbFermer, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(fermer()));

void frmListeOrdo::fermer()
    {
        close();
    }

void frmListeOrdo::closeEvent(QCloseEvent *event)
    {
       event->accept();
    }

but When I click the pushButton to close the Widget, I've an empty frmHisto Widget !

This problem is not reproduced when I click the "X" close button of the Widget.

Can tell me what's wrong and how to resolve this

• This post is deleted!

• does static_assert(std::is_base_of<QMdiSubWindow,frmListeOrdo>::value); complain?

• Thanks for replying

I'm encoutring to use static_assert(std::is_base_of<QMdiSubWindow,frmListeOrdo>::value); because of compilation errors

I'll try again and return to you

• @mourad_bilog said in slot close widget shows an other empty dialog:

because of compilation errors

Yes, compilation errors is what I'm looking for. If your compiler says that a static assertion failed it's what I wanted to know

• And what I must to do to resolve the problem of closing ?

Note that with the dialog button close ("X"), it works fine and it call the closeEvent method and emits event->accept.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Out of curiosity, why are you re-implementing closeEvent just to accept the event ? There's no need for that if it's the only thing you do.

• Thanks for reply.

Well I'm testing solution I found after searching. You are wright, reimplenting closeEvent don't resolve the problem witch persists.

What I've to modify to close the Widget when I click on the close button et not the Widget close ("X").

close button calls the close() method.

Thanks for your help

• following this, the problem was resolved

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.