CPU Load with Qt Quick much higher than with Qt Widget

• Hello,

On my embedded system with Linux Kernel OS I've tested a Qt Quick Application and a Qt Widget Application. Both only with one Window. Moving only the mouse with a normal speed there is a very big difference for CPU load.

For Qt Quick it's much higher than for Qt Widget. It can be 21 % vs. 7 %.

Has somebody an idea what's the cause could be ? Is there another mechanism for rendering the mouse cursor ? I don' t know..

Thanks.

Best regards

snoopy

• Moderators

@Snoopy That doesn't surprise me much. QML is doing a lot more under the scenes than a C++ Widget would do.

It could also be something you're doing in your QML. Here is a nice write up on QML performance and how to optimize your controls:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-performance.html

• @ambershark okay. Thanks for the info.
    But one more question because we want to use Qt Quick:
    Would be CPU load for touch gesture the same how it is for using the mouse ? Or is that another mechansim again ?
    At the moment we can't test this because the display with touch we will get later.

Best regards

snoopy

• Moderators

@Snoopy I'm not sure. It would be easy to test, but I don't have the setup necessary for a quick test.

My guess is that it will not do that on a touch device, but I could be wrong. It could be flooding signals or something "onMouseDown" that is causing it. Which could be something that happens with "onFingerDown" or similar.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.