New Google requirements in 2018 and 2019

• Google recently posted new requirements to Android apps.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/12/improving-app-security-and-performance.html

Anybody knows? - How security metadata inclusion can affect apps already published on Google Play?
    Another question - How future changes will be supported by Qt? Especially requirement to support both 32 and 64 bit architectures in one app.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That’s a question you should bring to the Qt Android mailing list. You’ll find Qt’s Android port developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

• Moderators

@Gourmet
    ad 1 (recent API): This is only related if the app should be published in the Play store. Qt supports API level 9 upwards. So it's in the responsibility of the developer to meat this criteria.
    EDIT: minimum supported version is Android 5.0 (API level 21) with Qt 5.13 onwards

ad 2 (64-bit support): this is actually the most interesting but by far no show stopper. Also this doesn't happen before August 2019 . So plenty of time ahead for the Trolls to come up with a solution. Just the necessary build steps need to be added to QtCreator's toolchain to also bundle the 64-bit libraries. Unfortunately this means that Qt Android apps increase even more in size! I am looking forward how this will be addressed.

ad 3 (security metadata): as written this is done by Google and needs no interaction by the developer. So nothing to worry about.

• up

Any news about 32/64 bit support before Aug 19 in Qt?

I have remade all my apps from ant to gradle and published them with target API level 26. All works fine now but I am worry about 64 bits support. I will need about 2-3 weeks to just reassemble and publish all my 21 apps. Now I am working on new one. Are there at lease gossip about this feature in Qt?

• Moderators

@Gourmet
    64bit android support/packages were added with Qt 5.12

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.