Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

qrc resources to be compiled

• Hi,
    I'm brand new on Qt and C++ programming in general....I'm trying to generate an .exe file to run my software without having to run it through Qt.
    0_1513637633117_8b3bb08b-f363-4736-8762-61f136db6e90-image.png
    here is how my project looks like, with the list of files and the qrc resource attached. Now, if I run the project from Qt everything is ok, but if I try to run the .exe created into the release folder I get "MAP file NOT FOUND", warning I set up in case the file is missing....any clue on why this happens and how can I fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance
    Iolanda

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Are you getting that error message when trying to load that file from QRC ? That seems highly unlikely since the resource file is compiled in your application.

• thank you for your quick reply! I do get the error when I run the application (and the project doesn't work as it should) but it works fine, and I don't get any error, if I run the project from Qt.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Just to be sure, when you say your run the exe from the release folder, are you launching it from Window's file explorer ? If so, did you properly deploy your application ?

• this is what I do:

1. I run my project from Qt 0_1513670282772_a1ca134d-46f8-484f-a07e-06c4748dc462-image.png
    2. the software creates the folder where it deploys the application along with all the moc_xx.cpp and the qrc_MapFile.cpp is there 0_1513670466273_c8bb8a50-4912-462e-ac97-3b94b61d9425-image.png
    3. I copy the .exe from the deploy folder into the folder from where I want to launch the application 0_1513670614395_5281394f-b400-4455-a5dd-4b726c5bae9e-image.png
      at least this is what I have successfully done with other projects but this is the first time I use a .qrc resource.

sorry for all the screenshots but hopefully would be easier to understand if I'm missing pieces...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you show the content of your .qrc file ?

• sure! the .qrc is

<RCC>
    <qresource prefix="/MapFile">
    <file>DUO-Map.map</file>
    </qresource>
    </RCC>

and the .map file is just a list of numbers

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Looks good...

Can you show the code where you load the file ?

• yep...
    void MainWindow::ReadMap()
    {
    QFile file(":/MapFile/DUO-Map.map");
    if(file.exists()!=true){
    qDebug()<<"MAP FILE NOT FOUND.";
    return;
    }

• Hi SGaist I solved the issue by deploying the application from the command line using the command windeployqt.exe and it works fine. thanks fro your help anyway!