'Qt Installer'-generated crossplatform installer gives me "Cannot retrieve remote tree"

• Hi!

I tried to pack simple cross-compiled app to installer, but when I run it I get "Cannot retrieve remote tree" error.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Installer>
        <Name>testApp</Name>
        <Version>4.3.2.1.Alpha</Version>
        <Title>Some Application Setup</Title>
        <Publisher>My Company</Publisher>
        <ProductUrl>http://www.my.com</ProductUrl>
        <RunProgramDescription>My nice application</RunProgramDescription>
        <StartMenuDir>Some Application Entry Dir</StartMenuDir>
        <AllowNonAsciiCharacters>true</AllowNonAsciiCharacters>
    </Installer>

/home/myuser/Qt/QtIFW-3.0.2/bin
    $IFW/binarycreator --offline-only -t $IFW/installerbase.exe -p ../testApp -c ../test/config.xml ../testAppInstaller.exe

It means that:

1. I crosscompiled my app using mxe qt prebuild (https://github.com/mxe/mxe). It compiles ok. Runs ok too.
    2. I installed two versions of QtIFW - Linux and Windows. I also copied installerbase.exe to Linux QtIFW installation directory.
    3. I run the command above. ($IFW/binarycreator ....)
    4. It generated .exe-file that can be run on windows machine but after clicking "Next"-button It cannot retrieve remote tree.

So I suppose two reasons for this behavior:

1. QtIFW parses project tree wrong ("/"->"\" slashes in path to file) and I need to use Windows version for Windows-binaries and Linux version for Linux binaries.
    2. QtIFW parses project tree correctly (tree structure is stored using system-independent style like xml/json or any other tree representation in text) but installer configuration is wrong.

I used this and this tutorials but threw a lot of optional keys out.

How to fix this problem? This issue is critical for me because I want to compile for a set of OSes and pack to installers entire sources of my program using one machine (Linux+Jenkins+Crosscompilers).

• UPD: I tried to pack Qt sample binaries and it works. So... Problem is definetely in the configuration file

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.