'Qt Installer'-generated crossplatform installer gives me "Cannot retrieve remote tree"
I tried to pack simple cross-compiled app to installer, but when I run it I get "Cannot retrieve remote tree" error.
<?xml version="1.0"?> <Installer> <Name>testApp</Name> <Version>18.104.22.168.Alpha</Version> <Title>Some Application Setup</Title> <Publisher>My Company</Publisher> <ProductUrl>http://www.my.com</ProductUrl> <RunProgramDescription>My nice application</RunProgramDescription> <StartMenuDir>Some Application Entry Dir</StartMenuDir> <AllowNonAsciiCharacters>true</AllowNonAsciiCharacters> </Installer>
/home/myuser/Qt/QtIFW-3.0.2/bin $IFW/binarycreator --offline-only -t $IFW/installerbase.exe -p ../testApp -c ../test/config.xml ../testAppInstaller.exe
It means that:
- I crosscompiled my app using mxe qt prebuild (https://github.com/mxe/mxe). It compiles ok. Runs ok too.
- I installed two versions of QtIFW - Linux and Windows. I also copied installerbase.exe to Linux QtIFW installation directory.
- I run the command above. ($IFW/binarycreator ....)
- It generated .exe-file that can be run on windows machine but after clicking "Next"-button It cannot retrieve remote tree.
So I suppose two reasons for this behavior:
- QtIFW parses project tree wrong ("/"->"\" slashes in path to file) and I need to use Windows version for Windows-binaries and Linux version for Linux binaries.
- QtIFW parses project tree correctly (tree structure is stored using system-independent style like xml/json or any other tree representation in text) but installer configuration is wrong.
How to fix this problem? This issue is critical for me because I want to compile for a set of OSes and pack to installers entire sources of my program using one machine (Linux+Jenkins+Crosscompilers).
UPD: I tried to pack Qt sample binaries and it works. So... Problem is definetely in the configuration file