Hide service notification

• Hi,

I implemented a foreground Android service which shows an icon and a notification. It works exactly as I want.

But I fail to quit the service if I leave my application. I didn't find a way to kill it. I know that first I need to remove the notification. I checked the Android documentation and I know how to do it in pure Java. But it doesn't work if I call it from C++.

Here are all my failing attempts:

Java

public class MuzikaService extends QtService
    {
        public static void hideNotification(Service ctx) {
            Log.d("MuzikaService", "Hide notification static");
            ctx.stopForeground(true);
        }
    }

C++

QtAndroid::runOnAndroidThread([]{
            QAndroidJniObject::callStaticObjectMethod("cz/jech/muzika/MuzikaService",
                                           "hideNotification",
                                           "(Landroid.app.Service;)V",
                                           QtAndroid::androidService().object()
                                           );
        });

second try:
    Java

public void hideNotification() {
           Log.d("MuzikaService", "Hide notification");
           stopForeground(true);
       }

C++

QtAndroid::androidService().callMethod<void>("hideNotification");

and a C++ code only:

QtAndroid::androidService().callMethod<void>("stopForeground","(Z)V",true);

It all compiles and executes but nothing happens. Even the debug messages from Java are not shown (I use adb logcat to check them because QtCreator doesn't show any logs from a service).

I'm not sure, when should I call a function on Android UI and when it is not needed. The second question is when it is necessary to define a function as static. I tried to modify some of the examples I found on web but I'm a little lost in the logic, because I never programmed anything in Java.

What should be the correct way to call the Service. stopForeground(bool) function (documentation)?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.