Fail to use glutBitmapCharacter()

• I want to display some characters in my 3D graphic, using the glutBitmapCharacter(). The function is from the glut library. But I have added this library correctly. It still shows the problem that it's a unresolved external symbol.

win32: LIBS += -L$$PWD/glut/ -lglut32

INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/glut
    DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/glut

win32: LIBS += -L$$PWD/glut/ -lglut

INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/glut
    DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/glut

Is this related to win32? I do not quite understand the meaning of win32 here. Thanks in advance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

win32: is a scope meaning that the following line will only be taken into account on the Windows platform.

Are you using a glut version that has been built with the same compiler as your Qt version ? For the same architecture ?

• Thank you for your reminder, your advice can always give me a lot of help. The problem is, as you said, the glut library that I use is compiled with a 32-bit compiler that works only on Microsoft Windows 9X, ME, 2000, NT and XP platforms, but my Qt is using 64-bit VS2015 complier. I choose to use the freeglut library, the problem is solved. Thanks again for your patience and guidance.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.