Modify hit box of QRadioButton (SE_RadioButtonClickRect)

• Hi all,

currently I'm struggling with the following task: I want slightly increase the hit box around the QRadioButton. (The area where you can activate the button.)

The "hit box" has several rules to fullfil in QRadioButton::mouseMoveEvent like underMouse or hitButton. The ClickRect is filled in QStyleOption::initFrom aka init by using widget->rect(). Qt doc says in QWidget::rect():
    The rect property equals QRect(0, 0, width(), height()).
    Means that I only need to call for example setMinimumSize, setGeometry or resize to increase it, but for me it doesn't work (from Qt4.7.X up to Qt5.X).

I also derived QRadioButton and adjusted minimumSizeHint and sizeHint which doesn't had any impact towards the hit box.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    Mike

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Can you show your code ? Without it it's pretty much "Crystal Ball Debugging".

• Qt Champions 2017

Hi
    One way is

#include <QProxyStyle>
    class MyStyle : public QProxyStyle {
      virtual QRect subElementRect(SubElement subElement, const QStyleOption*opt , const QWidget* widget) const override {
        if ( subElement == SE_RadioButtonClickRect && widget)
          return widget->rect();
        else
          return QProxyStyle::subElementRect( subElement,opt,widget) ;
      }
    };

ui->radioButton->setStyle( new MyStyle );

alt text

• Hi,

@SGaist yeah, it's kinda crystal ball, but at least I had no code which could provide more information than given above. ^^

@mrjj You nailed it. That thing solved the topic in a very smooth way. thumbs.up

Kind regards,
    Mike

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.