Segfault with rendering video with custom MediaService (QVideoRendererControl_iid)

• I am getting segfault here in qopenglfunctions.h on d_ptr->f.TexImage2D(...).

inline void QOpenGLFunctions::glTexImage2D(GLenum target, GLint level, GLint internalformat, GLsizei width, GLsizei height, GLint border, GLenum format, GLenum type, const GLvoid* pixels)
    #if defined(QT_OPENGL_ES_2) && defined(Q_OS_ANDROID)
        ::glTexImage2D(target, level, internalformat, width,height, border, format, type, pixels);
        d_ptr->f.TexImage2D(target, level, internalformat, width,height, border, format, type, pixels);

Here is my code:

Take a look at the presentFrame frame method. I suspect the error is because videoServuce->present(...) is called with a buffer that is short lived and later deleted. However, I did create a class-level char* buffer that I memcpy to, transforing ownership of the bytes to the class itself, and it still happened.

Here is the stack trace.

I am using Qt at the latest 5.10 branch.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Why not create a QByteArray from your data and then trigger a copy when you pass it to QMemoryVideoBuffer ?

Also, are you sure you are passing the right number of bytes per line ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.