Installing over a previous install (QtIFW)

• So apparently this is (for some reason) not normal behavior for the QtIFW when a new version is detected. I've done some reading and I think I can force a removal of a prior version with the use of a control script. However when I add installerscript.qs to my package.xml with the following tags

<Default>script</Default>
        <Script>installscript.qs</Script>

I get

Caught exception: Cannot open component script at client\packages\domain.my.www.root\meta\installscript.qs

My script looks like this

function Controller()
    {
    }

Now I've done more reading (not on the QtIFW pages because why would they have this info) and it seems that I have a control script not a component script which is discussed here.
    https://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/noninteractive.html
    Now one thing that isn't mentioned on this page is HOW TO INCLUDE THE SCRIPT. It's great that I know what to write, but where do I put this file and how do I include it in my build!?

Edit:
    Found a solution to my own problem. Turns out that the QtIFW adds a maintinancetool.exe to the program directory which can handle updating the current install. I've simply changed my code to call that when I detect a new update is available.

Still I find the documentation for this installer framework to be incredibly sub par.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.