QtWebsocket mainwindow example

• I've recently explored the Non SSL Console version of the QtWebsocket server examples and as such I'm wondering about the approach to using the QtWebsocket server in a mainwindow application.

This section of the Console version main.cpp
    bool debug = parser.isSet(dbgOption);
    int port = parser.value(portOption).toInt();
    EchoServer *server = new EchoServer(port, debug);
    QObject::connect(server, &EchoServer::closed, &a, &QCoreApplication::quit);

I've tried unsuccessfully with mainwindow.cpp
    --within a ui(new Ui::MainWindow) statement:
    bool debug = false;
    quint16 port = 11192;
    server = new EchoServer(port,debug);
    QObject::connect(server, &EchoServer::closed, this, &QCoreApplication::quit);

fails with LINK Errors:

mainwindow.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall EchoServer::EchoServer(unsigned short,bool,class QObject *)" (??0EchoServer@@QAE@G_NPAVQObject@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall MainWindow::MainWindow(class QWidget *)" (??0MainWindow@@QAE@PAVQWidget@@@Z)

mainwindow.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall EchoServer::closed(void)" (?closed@EchoServer@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall MainWindow::MainWindow(class QWidget *)" (??0MainWindow@@QAE@PAVQWidget@@@Z)

• This indicates that EchoServer.cpp is not compiled or some build issue. I suggest you to clean(if possible remove) the build directory. Rebuild your application. It should work.

• Thanks for your suggestion. Earlier I had 'Cleaned All' without success. Using your suggestion: stripped out all the obj files manually and build the 'target' cpp separately which led to the project building successfully.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.