Qt Ambassador Software will go on!

• Hi Qt Ambassador,
    I hope your Qt Ambassador Software, the software you've submitted to become a Qt Ambassador, is still alive!!
    I'm pleased to announce that QSapecNG 2.0.0 has finally been released... and we are looking for collaborators!! :-)

• Moderators

Do you have a link to the project?

• Moderators

Thanks! Very nice work!

• I had a quick look at it. Looks very nice.

• Thanks. However I would like to see Ambassadors collaborate each other and Ambassador projects grow, from now on.

• Well, I will not personally be working on my Ambassador project anymore, because I changed jobs in between. However, a replacement developer is being looked for (vacancy in the Netherlands, if you're interested), so development will pick up again when one is found.

• I work for a bank main with JavaEE, so QSapecNG (Qt/C/C++ based software for electric circuit analysis) is far from my job.
    However, the new release has been published and I'll work as possible in the free time. This is my idea of open source and with regards of the role of Qt ambassador. Working on your project as long as it suits it's too easy, I'm sorry.
    My two cents, of course.

• Building a community of developers for an open source project is hard! Maybe there are few Qt Ambassadors who are inclined to get involved in your specific application. But, I think what you did was great, since it showcases your app which looks really good. Keep showing it everywhere you can and eventually someone will bite. Also make sure you have good and easy ways of getting people involved in your project, mailing lists, forums, irc, and make sure people know about these.

• [quote author="skypjack" date="1312811138"]Hi Qt Ambassador,
    I hope your Qt Ambassador Software, the software you've submitted to become a Qt Ambassador, is still alive!!
    I'm pleased to announce that QSapecNG 2.0.0 has finally been released... and we are looking for collaborators!! :-)[/quote]

Hi, I can be interested to join. This project is a great work and seems useful in a wider context I am working. All open source and open hardware too.
    Tell me please what you are searching ofr, what are your further steps and some details about the project ...

• I'm the main developer of QSapecNG. There is another person that helps me packaging the software, however he doesn't write code at the moment. So, you are welcome if you would like to help me! :-)
    I'm working on minor features and migration towards qwt6 at the moment, I would like to release the new version on October/November. Further main step is the integration of approximation routine, a major, complex part that has been requested by several users.

Details about the project? QSapecNG is a CAD system useful to design and solve linear analog circuits. Of course, only linear components and linear approximation of components are admitted. It's because of the aim of the software, that is to offer symbolic analysis for circuits (and symbolic analysis is possible only for linear circuits).
    That's all.

Sorry for my terrible english.

• Hello,

I think we can move toward a mail or chat discussion for simplicity, if you agree.

Well, it is almost what I supposed to be this project. I think that one good idea should be to move it to Qt 4.7.3 with the UI revisited. And in this context I think I can be helpful. But not all. All the story starts in the reason of my interest in this project. I have developed (hardware mechanics and software) a mill-machine full open that at the actual moment should be finished in a couple of details, but is mostly working. The main aim of this mill-machine project is a sort of low cost framework for electronic prototyping and development. Thus, while the same interface for controller and design with the machine will be based on Qt the application that you have started maybe a great compendium if you see all this in a unique "lab" for circuit design, test, simulate and create. Then I think that there are also some interesting commercial evolutions in a project structured in this way.

Cheers, Enrico

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.