Painting on top of QQuickView

• Is it at all possible to paint (using QPainter) on top of (i.e. like an overlay) a QQuickView?

I have a QML OSM map plugin loaded into a QWidget and I would like to draw on top of this using QPainter (rather than using QML). Is this achieveable?

There appears to be no paintEvent or equivalent available when sub-classing QQuickView

• Moderators

You can create a transaprent QQuickPaintedItem that stretches over your whole QML window, and paint there.

Just keep in mind that painting with QPainter is slower than with QML or OpenGL.

• @sierdzio Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I don't think what I ultimately want to do is possible due to the way QML and the QQuickPaintedItem is implemented.

Basically, I have a 3rd party COM object which draws nautical charts. My existing QWidget application allows me to draw these charts in the paintEvent where I capture the winId of the QWidget and pass it to the BeginPaint/EndPaint functions ready for painting this 3rd party chart.

The act of obtaining the winId in a QQuickPaintedItem causes a lot of issues and results in the underlying QML not being rendered.

I've managed to implement this another way and it works so far.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.