Error building QT 5.9.1 from souces

• I tired to build QT 5.9.1 from souces on Ubuntu 14.04 with GCC 5.4.1 (CMake 2.8.12 but I am not sure it is needed) and got the following compiler errors:

graphicsitems/qdeclarativetextinput.cpp: In member function ‘void QDeclarativeTextInput::setCursorVisible(bool)’:
    graphicsitems/qdeclarativetextinput.cpp:517:17: error: ‘class QWidgetLineControl’ has no member named ‘setCursorBlinkPeriod’

my build commands are:

git clone --recursive https://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git v5.9.1
    cd v5.9.1
    ./configure -prefix $(pwd)\qtbase -debug -confirm-license -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests

• Moderators

@Dmitriano
    see QTBUG-61564

Either

1. run ./init-repository --branch -f before configure
      or
    2. add -skip qtquick1 to configure (since it's most probably not used anyways by you?)

• @raven-worx
    it does not help, I am still getting the same compiler error (tried GCC 7.2.0):

graphicsitems/qdeclarativetextinput.cpp: In member function ‘void QDeclarativeTextInput::setCursorVisible(bool)’:
    graphicsitems/qdeclarativetextinput.cpp:517:17: error: ‘class QWidgetLineControl’ has no member named ‘setCursorBlinkPeriod’; did you mean ‘resetCursorBlinkTimer’?
    d->control->setCursorBlinkPeriod(on?QApplication::cursorFlashTime():0);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    resetCursorBlinkTimer

• Moderators

@Dmitriano
    did you clean before hand?!
    At least (2) definitely works. By coincidence i just had the same error today and solved it.

• @raven-worx yes I deleted all the sources and did 'git clone' again.

(2) helps! But (1) does not.

• What was the solution? (btw very old cmake that you are suing)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.