Well-tried build script failing with Qt 5.9 (qtbase/bin not populated, works with previous Qt versions)

• I have a simple and well-tried script for building Qt 5.2-5.7 on Windows that's failing with Qt 5.9.

In a nutshell, it works like this:

cd $build_dir
    $src/qt5/configure -mp -opensource -confirm-license -nomake tests -nomake examples -opengl desktop
    nmake

For Qt 5.2-5.7, this produces a working build with a fully populated qtbase/bin folder:

assistant.exe
    moc.exe
    pixeltool.exe
    qml.exe
    Qt5Gui.dll
    Qt5Guid.dll
    Qt5Quick.dll
    Qt5QuickControls2.dll
    xmlpatternsvalidator.exe

For Qt 5.9, qtbase/bin is missing the content of the other modules. It only includes:

moc.exe
    qdbuscpp2xml.exe
    qdbusxml2cpp.exe
    qfloat16-tables.exe
    qlalr.exe
    qmake.exe
    qt.conf
    Qt5Concurrent.dll
    Qt5Concurrentd.dll
    Qt5Core.dll
    Qt5Cored.dll
    Qt5DBus.dll
    Qt5DBusd.dll
    Qt5Gui.dll
    Qt5Guid.dll
    Qt5Network.dll
    Qt5Networkd.dll
    Qt5OpenGL.dll
    Qt5OpenGLd.dll
    Qt5PrintSupport.dll
    Qt5PrintSupportd.dll
    Qt5Sql.dll
    Qt5Sqld.dll
    Qt5Test.dll
    Qt5Testd.dll
    Qt5Widgets.dll
    Qt5Widgetsd.dll
    Qt5Xml.dll
    Qt5Xmld.dll
    rcc.exe
    uic.exe

Consequently, when running qmake from this build it fails with errors similar to this one:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick

What am I doing wrong?

(Build details: git tag v5.9.1, Visual Studio 2017)

• Moderators

What happens if you chuck in a nmake install after building?

• This post is deleted!

• nmake install creates the desired files in ${drive_letter_of_build_dir}/usr/local/Qt-5.9.1.

The doc explicitly states that "On Windows, Qt is configured as a non-prefix build by default.", and - as shown in my initial post - I didn't add a prefix.
    So how do I achieve a regular build like with previous Qt versions? (I don't want the additional features of-developer-build, so that is out of the question.)

• Moderators

Looks like you've been hit by this change.

So how do I achieve a regular build like with previous Qt versions? (I don't want the additional features of-developer-build, so that is out of the question.)

Use prefix and set it to PWD. So, on Windows it will look sth like:
    configure -prefix %cd%

Although I see you use unix conventions in your script, so maybe:
    ./configure -prefix $PWD

• Big thanks for the explanation!
    So the doc hasn't been updated to reflect the recent changes. I'll file a bug report.

• Moderators

@mourl said in Well-tried build script failing with Qt 5.9 (qtbase/bin not populated, works with previous Qt versions):

So the doc hasn't been updated to reflect the recent changes. I'll file a bug report.

That's possible. Thanks :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.