Integrate custom lib

• Hi,

I am working on an app for Sailfish OS. I need to prevent the system from going into sleep. Otherwise my timer will not work properly and with it my app.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to use the build in libkeepalive library. I need to "build in" this library in my app but I have no idea on how to do that. Currently I am in desperate need of these things:

• Which files should I get from this repository?
    • Where should I put the files in my project (need I to compile something first or can I use them directly)?
    • How do I make the component KeepAlive available in my app?

my current source code can be found on github, in case that helps to answer my questions.

I would be grateful for any hints in the right direction!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Out of curiosity, why can't you use that library ?

Why not build that library yourself and then link to it in your project ?

• Hi,

the harbour rules only allow a couple of libs, the others are not "stable" enough, yet and libkeepalive is not on their list. So my app got turned down by QA.

I have not build the library my self because I have not done such a thing before. I have been trying to read up on it but the examples I read were not for Sailfish OS.
    To build it my self I only need to open the .pro file from the lib folder and run build? On the machine I tried it on that failed because libiphb development package not found but I do not have the Sailfish SDK installed on this one.
    I guess I need to configure the project for arm. Anything else I need to keep in mind?

• Hi again

So I compiled the pro file from the plugin folder against arm7 and got an libkeepaliveplugin.so file. That is the one I need, right?
    I copied the file in my project under plugins/. To include it I added these lines to my pro file

INCLUDEPATH += plugins/
    LIBS += -L plugins/ -lkeepaliveplugin

and in my QML file I tried

#import Nemo.KeepAlive 1.1

but the IDE tells me that it could not find that and when I try to compile I get the error:

/opt/cross/bin/armv7hl-meego-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot find -lkeepaliveplugin

What am I doing wrong here?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You usually don't link against a plugin, you use it at run time.

In any case, you should contact the SailfishOS folks about that matter.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.