How to understand media object does not support monitoring video?

• I want to use the Qt to play video and capture some frames during playing. I read Video Overview and read Working with Low Level Video Frames and Monitoring Video Frames. They are my want. I also find demo customvideowidget in "Examples/multimediawidgets/customvideosurface/customvideowidget".

I runned the demo in my ubuntu 16 yesterday. it runned ok. very good. it was playing smoothly. and today, I Run the same Demo in Win7, it was playing slowly. In my Mac Os, it was playing smoothly.

I also tried to use QVideoProbe to capture frame, but in my OS X EI Caption Mac mini and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise , QVideoProbe::setSource(QMediaObject) both return false. it means the media object does not support monitoring video. I don't understand it's mean.

• How to playing video smoothly when subclass surface in my Win7?
    • How to make media object to support monitoring video in my Win7 and mini Mac?
    • or other good ways to capture frame during playing video ?

In Ubuntu, Qt5.8
    In Win7, miniMac Qt5.7

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Not all backends provide all capabilities some times because the underlying platform doesn't. You have to check that.

For the decoding, you have to check what codec you are using.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.