Build qt580 multimedia widgets problem in opensuse 422
I need to build qt580 from source with multimedia (camera) support
I got two opensuse 42.2 64 bit machines, on one build was success, but on other was not
As i see in logs - some files missing from build (moc), and build fails on it next
The log files:
- https://github.com/mehelme/build_test_1/blob/master/00_qt_configure_linux64_suse422.sh.txt - my configure script
- https://github.com/mehelme/build_test_1/blob/master/conf_run_log580_64bit_good.txt - configure log from "good" build
- https://github.com/mehelme/build_test_1/blob/master/conf_run_log580_64bit_bad.txt - configure log from "bad" build, and it looks fine
- https://github.com/mehelme/build_test_1/blob/master/make_log_580_64bit_good.txt - make log from good build (10mb)
- https://github.com/mehelme/build_test_1/blob/master/make_log_580_64bit_bad.txt - make log from bad build (5 mb)
Why this may happens ?
Is there any difference between the two machines software wise ?
Both use KDE, "good" one is more updated to recent packages, no other significant diffs
And build was and is successful on "bad" before i added "-gstreamer 1.0", so this strange only with key "-gstreamer 1.0" and gstdevel* packages installed
"Good" is my home, and "bad" in work machine, and no diffs latter was exists in builds
I will try to install fresh 42.2 again in third machine to test this build
I update "bad" machine to last packeges, but no luck in build
On "bad" build in "qtmultimedia/src" i see no dirs "gsttools" and "plugins", that exists in "good" build
For some reason they was not created by configure script
Might be silly but did you check that you have the GStreamer 1.0 devel packages ? You might have the 0.1 installed.
rpm -qa|grep gstreamer|grep dev
i will check home on "good"
On fresh ubuntu and kubuntu (160403) build was successful
Next, i compared dirs after configure step between "good" and "bad", in multimedia/qtmultimedia-config.pri
< QT.multimedia_private.enabled_features = alsa gstreamer_1_0 gstreamer gstreamer_app gstreamer_encodingprofiles gstreamer_photography linux_v4l pulseaudio < QT.multimedia_private.disabled_features = directshow directshow-player evr gpu_vivante gstreamer_0_10 openal resourcepolicy wasapi wmf wmf-player wmsdk wshellitem < QT.multimedia_private.libraries = alsa gstreamer gstreamer_app gstreamer_photography pulseaudio --- > QT.multimedia_private.enabled_features = alsa gstreamer_1_0 gstreamer gstreamer_app gstreamer_encodingprofiles linux_v4l pulseaudio > QT.multimedia_private.disabled_features = directshow directshow-player evr gpu_vivante gstreamer_0_10 gstreamer_photography openal resourcepolicy wasapi wmf wmf-player wmsdk wshellitem > QT.multimedia_private.libraries = alsa gstreamer gstreamer_app pulseaudio 13d12 < QMAKE_LIBS_GSTREAMER_PHOTOGRAPHY = -lgstphotography-1.0
one difference is some "gstreamer_photography" in "bad"
so i removed it: apt-get purge libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-0, and reconfigure and rebuid
but no luck again
is it possible to increase more output from configure script and make build command to analyze it ?
You have the -v switch for configure. As for the build, it's already verbose.
After configure step on "good" - there are files ".qmake.stash" and ".qmake.super", but on "bad" not
That this files need for ?
I wonder if the QtMultimedia tests have been re-done. Did you re-run configure in a new folder or in the same one ?
In new empty folder
The configure log is https://github.com/mehelme/build_test_1/blob/master/conf_run_log580_64bit_bad2.txt
Using kubuntu 16.04.03
Then i compared packages list on this "bad" kubuntu and fresh "good" install with minimal dev pkgs to build qt - all pkgs from "good" exists in "bad" (also "bad" has additional dev packages for other development)
If we except the GStreamer Photography part, it all looks good...
I unpacked qt src again and all built fine !
Compared old qt scr with new - i found some output files of ./configure script in this scr dir
I remember what some time ago i erroneously ran ./configure in src dir, interrupt it, and then built in separate dir
This was before i built multimedia widgets, so this not affected latter on build
But now it was affected
So it my forgotten fault )